Down Up Stop Top

WYC003
Winter Weather Advisory
...HEAVY WET SNOW EXPECTED MAINLY IN THE NORTHERN AND WESTERN MOUNTAINS 
THROUGH TONIGHT... .A LARGE STORM WILL SLOWLY MOVE THROUGH THE REGION 
DEPOSITING AS MUCH AS A FOOT OF VERY WET SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS. TEMPERATURES 
WILL BE ON THE WARM SIDE BUT QUICKLY ACCUMULATING SNOW... ESPECIALLY EARLY THIS 
MORNING COULD MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT OVERANOTHER CHANGE IN THE WEATHER IS ON 
THE WAY AS RAIN MIXES WITH SNOW EARLY THIS MORNING. VERY WET SNOW WILL PERSIST 
THROUGH THE MORNING BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO ALL RAIN IN MOST AREAS. EXPECT 
ACCUMULATIONS OF LESS THAN AN INCH ON GRASSY AREAS...WITH LITTLE TO NO 
ACCUMULATION ON THE ROADWAYS. THE EXCEPTION COULD BE AROUND MEETEETSE WHERE 
2 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW COULD ACCUMULATE. THE WET

NWS Forecast for: Basin WY Issued by: National Weather Service Riverton, WY Last Update: 4:41 am MDT Apr 26, 2015 ################################################################# Today: Rain, mainly before 5pm. High near 54. Northwest wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Tonight: Isolated showers before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Northwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the morning. Monday Night: Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 37. Calm wind becoming east southeast around 6 mph after midnight. Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 75. South southeast wind around 7 mph. Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 41. Light southeast wind. Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79. Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Basin WY 44.36N 108.05W (Elev. 3998 ft) Visit your local NWS office at: http://www.weather.gov/riw ################################################################# ################################################################# Special Weather Statement SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RIVERTON WY 153 AM MDT SUN APR 26 2015 WYZ003>007-261830- CODY FOOTHILLS-NORTH BIG HORN BASIN-OWL CREEK AND BRIDGER MOUNTAINS- SOUTHEAST BIG HORN BASIN-SOUTHWEST BIG HORN BASIN- 153 AM MDT SUN APR 26 2015 ANOTHER CHANGE IN THE WEATHER IS ON THE WAY AS RAIN MIXES WITH SNOW EARLY THIS MORNING. VERY WET SNOW WILL PERSIST THROUGH THE MORNING BEFORE CHANGING BACK TO ALL RAIN IN MOST AREAS. EXPECT ACCUMULATIONS OF LESS THAN AN INCH ON GRASSY AREAS...WITH LITTLE TO NO ACCUMULATION ON THE ROADWAYS. THE EXCEPTION COULD BE AROUND MEETEETSE WHERE 2 TO 3 INCHES OF SNOW COULD ACCUMULATE. THE WET WEATHER WILL PERSIST THROUGH THE AFTERNOON BEFORE ENDING TONIGHT. $$ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hazardous Weather Outlook HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RIVERTON WY 400 AM MDT SUN APR 26 2015 WYZ001>020-022>030-271200- ABSAROKA MOUNTAINS-BIGHORN MOUNTAINS SOUTHEAST- BIGHORN MOUNTAINS WEST-CASPER MOUNTAIN-CODY FOOTHILLS- EAST SWEETWATER COUNTY-FLAMING GORGE- GREEN MOUNTAINS AND RATTLESNAKE RANGE-JACKSON HOLE-LANDER FOOTHILLS- NATRONA COUNTY LOWER ELEVATIONS-NORTH BIG HORN BASIN- NORTHEAST JOHNSON COUNTY-OWL CREEK AND BRIDGER MOUNTAINS- ROCK SPRINGS AND GREEN RIVER-SALT RIVER AND WYOMING RANGES- SOUTH LINCOLN COUNTY-SOUTHEAST BIG HORN BASIN- SOUTHEAST JOHNSON COUNTY-SOUTHWEST BIG HORN BASIN-STAR VALLEY- TETON AND GROS VENTRE MOUNTAINS-UPPER GREEN RIVER BASIN- UPPER GREEN RIVER BASIN FOOTHILLS-UPPER WIND RIVER BASIN- WIND RIVER BASIN-WIND RIVER MOUNTAINS EAST-WIND RIVER MOUNTAINS WEST- YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK- 400 AM MDT SUN APR 26 2015 ...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR PORTIONS OF CENTRAL AND WESTERN WYOMING TODAY... THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR WESTERN AND CENTRAL WYOMING. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT WIDESPREAD RAIN AND SNOW ACROSS CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN WYOMING WITH SNOW LEVELS LOWERING TO BETWEEN 6500 AND 7500 FEET EARLY IN THE MORNING. HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF INTERSTATE 80...MOUNTAIN PASSES AND FOOTHILLS MAY SEE PERIODS OF WET SNOW...SLUSHY SLICK ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITY...ESPECIALLY OVER SOUTH PASS IN THE WIND RIVER MOUNTAINS...AND ON THE DUBOIS SIDE OF TOGWOTEE PASS. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY THURSDAY...ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS FOR THE WEST AND NORTH AND FAR SOUTH. FRIDAY AND SATURDAY...ISOLATED AFTERNOON AND EVENING THUNDERSTORMS. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... SPOTTERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO REPORT ANY HAIL AND SNOWFALL AMOUNTS. THANK YOU. $$ TEAM RIVERTON --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record high temperature 124.7°F Record low temperature -29.9°F Record high gust 94 mph Record high average 69.5 mph Record daily rain 1.57 in. Record low windchill -50.6°F Record high barometer 33.428 in. Record low barometer 25.160 in.
Daily high pressure 29.899 in. Daily low pressure 29.781 in. Daily low windchill 33.6°F Daily high heat index 45.7°F Daily high gust speed 21.0 mph W Daily high average speed 17.2 mph WNW
CURRENT WEATHER AT BASIN, WYOMING 82410
LAST READING AT TIME: 11:10 AM DATE: April 26 2015, time of next update: 11:20 am
Current WeatherRecent showers Current Temperature 41.9°F (5.5°C), Apparent temp 37.6°F
Maximum Temperature (since midnight)45.7°F at: 8:33 AM Minimum Temperature (since midnight)39.2°F at: 4:48 AM
Average windspeed (ten minute)6.0 mph Wind Direction (ten minute)WNW (286°)
Windchill Temperature 38.4°F Maximum Gust (last hour)17 mph at: 10:27 AM
Maximum Gust (since midnight)21 mph at: 1:22 AM Maximum 1 minute average (since midnight)17.2 mph at: 10:27 AM
Rainfall (last hour)0.039 in. (1.0 mm) Rainfall (since midnight)0.039 in. (1.0 mm) at 10:53 AM
Rainfall This month 0.12 in. (3.0 mm) Rainfall To date this year 0.787 in. (20.0 mm)
Maximum rain per minute (last hour)0.039 in/min Maximum rain per hour (last 6 hours)0.039 in/hour
Yesterdays rainfall 0.079 in DewPoint 39.5°F (Wet Bulb :40.9°F )
Humidity 91 %, Humidex 40.1°F Barometer corrected to msl29.899 in. (1012.5 hPa)
Pressure change +0.03 in. (last hour) Trend (last hour)RISING SLOWLY
Pressure change (last 12 hours)+0.12 in Pressure change (last 6 hours)+0.09 in
Current Indoor Temp. 77.0°F
Current Indoor hum. 22%


Click here for the last 24 hour graph
Click here for the last 48 hour graph
Click here for the last 72 hour graph
Click here for the month to date graph

Weather report/Warning/Metars

SOUTH BIG HORN COUNTY AIRPORT , WY, United States (KGEY) 44-31N 108-05W 1191M
Apr 26, 2015 - 12:53 PM EDT / 2015.04.26 1653 UTC
Wind: from the W (280 degrees) at 20 MPH (17 KT):0
Visibility: 10 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: overcast
Weather: light rain
Precipitation last hour: A trace
Temperature: 43.0 F (6.1 C)
Dew Point: 39.0 F (3.9 C)
Relative Humidity: 85%
Pressure (altimeter): 29.94 in. Hg (1013 hPa)
ob: KGEY 261653Z AUTO 28017KT 10SM -RA OVC050 06/04 A2994 RMK AO2 RAB24 SLP146 P0000 T00610039
cycle: 17
Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, Antarctica (NZSP) 90-00S 00-00E 2835M
Apr 26, 2015 - 07:50 AM EDT / 2015.04.26 1150 UTC
Wind: from the ENE (060 degrees) at 10 MPH (9 KT):0
Visibility: less than 1 mile:0
Sky conditions: mostly cloudy
Weather: ice crystals; blowing snow
Temperature: -68 F (-56 C)
Windchill: -99 F (-73 C):2
Pressure (altimeter): 28.52 in. Hg (965 hPa)
ob: NZSP 261150Z 06009KT 1600 IC BLSN FEW000 BKN010 M56/ A2852 RMK BLSN FEW000 CLN AIR 04011KT ALL WNDS GRID 
cycle: 12
Alert Airport, Canada (CYLT) 82-31N 062-17W
Apr 24, 2015 - 06:00 PM EDT / 2015.04.24 2200 UTC
Wind: from the WSW (250 degrees) at 5 MPH (4 KT):0
Visibility: 15 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: mostly cloudy
Temperature: 5 F (-15 C)
Windchill: -4 F (-20 C):1
Dew Point: 1 F (-17 C)
Relative Humidity: 84%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.88 in. Hg (1045 hPa)
ob: CYLT 242200Z 25004KT 15SM SCT100 BKN200 M15/M17 A3088 RMK AC2CI1 LAST OBS/NEXT 271200 UTC SLP461
cycle: 22



The data is logged at two minute intervals, but there is data recorded every minute. Best viewed in 800 x 600 and True colour.

Use the RELOAD facility on your browser to retrieve the latest data.

Click here for a daily update of the averages/extremes to date for the month






Created by "Weather Display" software version 10.37P at this start time/date 6:25:14 PM 11/24/2011
center>
Send a Comment to BasinWeather.Com
You're still only visitor numberPlease come back later.
The Weather Station, information and web page provided at www.basinweather.com is in memory of "Our Parents": CLIVE AND RUTH STOELK, of Basin, Wyoming and LEONARD AND LUCILLE HENDERSON, of Greybull, Wyoming. Thank you for looking. We hope you find this weather information helpful